Ditto, I love my Ramboiullet too!  I use this for all rides, including
fast club rides, centuries and touring (so far a week at a time).  The
Ram is not too heavy nor is it too light.  I think Grant got it right
with this one.  I was surprised when it was taken out of the line up.
I imagine the costs of producing it Japan may have had something to do
with it.  The Ram is a lifetime bike!  I can't imagine being in the
bike business without having the "Ramboiulett's space" covered.
Cheers!
Chris