I have a reliable source* that tells me it'll be 1" for both.  And a
shim + 1 1/8th stem for the threadless version. There are several
sources for shims, etc.  I have a lot of interest in this bike due to
its "fragile" tubing (I weigh 135lbs), and there seem to still be a
good number of 1" threadless high end stems around as well. The stem
thing doesn't worry me.

And yep, standard reach brakes.  Optimal/designed tire size is 30-33mm
(think JB Green, Schwalbe Marathon Racer, etc.), but 25 or 35 will
work too.  Shorter than Ram chainstays, but not race short. No rack
mounts.

The upcoming Paul lightweight medium reach centerpull will be quite
nice for sure, and the Tektro & Shimano standards might be a bit less
sweater-vesty for those looking to appear sporty.

Maybe Grant or John can chime in here to quell any rumors.

As for names, I have my opinions, but they do not matter.  :-)

Thanks,
Gino

*Grant Petersen