Possibly, Bill. I'm going to see how I like riding the 36 front/36 rear and
staying mostly in the middle front cog. To just the middle cog to a 40
means I lose that most often in the middle cog capability and I end up with
the same issue I have now of often shifting between low and middle. I'm
thinking the 2-36 cassette all was me to do what Steve suggested as an
initial response to my question.

With abandon,
Patrick