Please remember there is a lot more going on with a bike than just the
wheel size. For example smaller wheeled bikes tend to have less bottom
bracket drop. Comparing the 650b and 700c hillsens, the drop differs by
13mm. The difference in bsd between the two wheel sizes is 38mm, so the
radius differs by 19. Subtracting off the drop leaves a difference of only
0.6cm. As frame sizes go a delta of about 1/2 a cm is fairly trivial. I
suppose if you are right in the middle of two sizes it might matter but
really it doesn't seem picking wheel size to affect stand over makes sense.
How does a 54cm 650b bike equate to a 50cm 700c bike on standover?

Also air volume is only indirectly related to a plush ride. The primary
driver is tire pressure. Once a tire is big enough to avoid pinch flatting
and rim damage at pressures low enough to give the comfort one wants, I
don't see how going even bigger makes the ride plusher. In fact for a given
tire pressure, a wider tire feels harder.