If your tires are fat and soft, real gravel isn't bad. I admit that the
route I have in mind is hardly all gravel; it's mostly dirt and gravel. But
there are sections where the gravel is inches deep. Fat, soft, and, I
daresay, 700C tires make it fun.

Patrick "28 is fat on pavement, 2" is skinny on dirt" Moore

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Montclair BobbyB <montclairbob...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> [Opinion] Something about "gravel" and "grinding" makes me want to grind
> my teeth... There's probably nothing worse that riding on pure gravel
> (other than perhaps railroad ballast)... Why can't they better describe it
> for what it really is???... it's riding unpaved road... whether purely
> dirt, gravel with dirt, grass, or even ancient pavement... I'd say it's any
> road where cars may technically be allowed, yet you're likely to see few if
> any cars...  to me these are pure bliss, and something to be savored, NOT
> to grind through (unless you're racing, in which case that's like guzzling
> a great cup of coffee).
>
> Peace,
> Bobby (sorry, I don't grind gravel) Birmingham
>
> On Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:23:29 PM UTC-4, Deacon Patrick wrote:
>>
>> Here is a forum I just discovered for and about riding gravel (gravel
>> grinders), in case anyone else is interested. It's based out of Colorado
>> but open to everyone.
>> http://ridinggravel.com
>>
>> With abandon,
>> Patrick
>>
>  --

Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and letters that get interviews.
Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, Nouvelle Mexique, Etats Unis