+1 on the Gunks... Carriage trails in Minnewaska State Park are
exceptional... The emerald green Minnewaska lake is breathtaking. Some of
the best scenery on the East Coast, especially this time of year (when the
Mt Laurel are in bloom) and again in the Fall (with spectacular foliage).
 The ride out to Awosting Lake from Minnewaska is a must...  Pack your
lunch, bring a bathing suit, camera, binoculars, etc... a fantastic day
awaits you.

BB