Hey Garth,

Really interesting points!  I do need to look on the middle ring 'T
clearance'.  The frame I'm working with is the Saluki for this question
though not the XO3.  I've had 4  occurrences over 2 days of the chain
coming off the 36T middle;

1. Came off entirely, onto the BB shell
2-3. 'downshifted' to the 24T ring
4. 'upshifted' to the 46T ring

Honestly I don't remember alot of specifics but I was near the high or low
rear cog in each of the instances and very often there was some kind of
bump or sharp acceleration accompanying the issue.

As for trimming the FD, its not a constant thing. Only when I move the rear
chain line 3+ cog's usually... so not a terrible burden but definitely
something I notice a couple times a ride.  The lack of the FD has me
shifting more boldly through 2-3 rear cogs at a time without having to
think about adjusting my FD trim.  This also might be something with the
bar ends on drop bars, I'm not used to haveing to work both shifters
simultaneously or near simultaneously in that handlebar setup whereas on
the alba's or M-bars it was second nature.

Tony