> I can see why its not good to get tied up in knots about tubing specs.
> Especially when I don't have a clue about how framesets work.

This thread was started to help unravel myself from yet another cycling
theory system: ultra-light-flexi is "better". I have read a lot of chatter
about this online.

Even if an ultra-light steel bike is easier to pedal along than one a
coupla fractions of an mm thicker, I am not sure it would make a diff for a
non-athlete like myself.

Past zeitgeists I have tried out:
Skinny tires, and clip-in shoes are all "better".
When I employed them all in years past, only to still be the
same slow-poke, I realized it ain't true, at least for me.

*Again, maybe only athletes can benefit from these things, as they may have
the engines that can appreciate these refinements.*