I've been having problems lately with my chain getting rusty.  My
maintenance regimen has not changed, but what has changed is the amount of
humidity in the air.  It's been more humid and I've been sweating even more
than normal, where normal=a lot.  And for whatever reason the sweat on my
chin seems to drip down right onto my chain.

My normal maintenance regimen has been a complete cleaning every 5-700
miles and then once the chain is clean, drip Finish Line wet onto 6-8
links, operate drivetrain in stand, wipe clean and then ride.  Re-apply
Finish Line wet every 100-200 miles using same procedure, until next
complete cleaning, then start over.

Well now my chain is getting rusty with this regimen.  So in desperation I
coated the chain in WD-40 the last two times before I rode, wiped off the
excess, and then applied some Finish Line, but only on to 4 links this
time, and rotate drivetrain again, wipe off excess, and ride again.  So far
this seems to be working better, and I am still sweating onto my chain.

Maybe it really is Water-Dispersant 40.  And extremely salty
Water-Dispersant 40 at that.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!