My wife who is 5'3" with a PBH of 74 develops knee pain during rides longer
than 10 miles.  As she has been easing into cycling over the last year, she
rides exclusively in her small chainring (24) on her Sugino XD2 triple 46-36-24
with 165mm crankarms.  The pain is in front in her kneecaps.  I am going to be
raising her seat slightly and pushing her saddle slightly back to see if that
helps.  I am also considering shorter crank arms given her relatively short
legs compared to torso.
Does anyone have experiences with shorter crank arms, especially folks in my
wife's height range?  Also thoughts on good crank sets with shorter crank arms?
I was thinking of trying 155mm crank arms if adjusting seat height didn't
alleviate the issue.  Can I put non-Sugino crank arms on a Xd2?
Thanks for any insights,
Erl