I've seen people get screwed out of Trek's "lifetime" frame warranty. My
cycling buddy crashed in a paceline and was told he would have to purchase
a new frame, which I understand. Here is the thing though...his bike
completely was torn apart in that crash...it was in half, fork was
destroyed. It happens and not many warranties will cover something like
that...not really a bash against Trek.

BUT....

I had an accident with my friend's Hilsen....it came off from the bike rack
(Yakima rack...long story but the rack is at fault) while I was doing 80
miles per hour on the highway.  This isn't a lie either, I saw the whole
thing in the rear view mirror as it happened. Thank heavens there was
nobody behind me when this happened. The wheels, fenders, seat, brifters,
and a pedal were destroyed, but the frame and fork, even handlebars,
stem, and seat post made it with some scratches. He rides that frame today.

I bought my Roadeo and paid under 4800 bucks for the whole shebang, with
Ultegra 6800 and Rolf wheels. I'm not all that impressed with what my Trek
store is selling for that kind of cash and I think I have a bike not only
equal to their bikes, but a couple of levels better.

If I was going to be forced to buy a Trek, I would be looking at the Domane
or that Boone. Nice bikes....but I seriously doubt they would live through
a fall off a bike rack like that Hilsen did.