Jeff,

That's good to know, because I just ordered 3 KMC chains for my single
bikes based on my good experiences with the tandem using the KMC chain.

Which model are you using?  I'm just using the basic KMC K9.   I have also
seen the K9.99 and the K9 SL.  I would probably not use the SL because the
outer plates are slotted for weight savings.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 2:34 AM, Jeff Ong <jeffongdes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a big guy and a masher, but I've broken a lot of chains -- maybe 8 or
> 9 times in the last several years. Almost all of the broken chains were
> SRAM chains -- switched all those bikes to KMC and nothing since then. The
> one exception is a Campy 10 speed chain I snapped going downhill, weirdly.
> Most of the time it's either been climbing, or trying to power through an
> intersection. The cargo bike (which uses two chains joined together) has
> also seen its fair share of broken chains.

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!