On 08/19/2014 04:36 PM, Deacon Patrick wrote:
Popped another chain on the Quickbeam cranking up a steep grade. Recognized the sound this time so no blood! Broke my chain tool, but only after I'd removed the offending link. Fortunately I only needed low gear for the rest of the ride, so reassembled with the quick links and rode on. I'm trying something other than KMC 8-speed chain (this link was one I had not touched, so it broke all on it's own). Bought an SRAM single speed chain at the LBS on the way home, which gave me a high gear for the rest of the down hill! Yea!

Any idea what's causing these (presumably) multiple chain breaks? Most of us have never broken a chain in a lifetime of riding.