My Entmoot Weekend Ride report.
Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/philipwilliamson/sets/72157645717522984

Rivendell Bicycle Owner's Group Jamboree and Entmoot - 20 Years of
Rivendell 10 Years of Quickbeams

Saturday:
I rode from Santa Rosa to Petaluma (my normal work commute), then out I
street (took a couple stabs to find I Street from downtown) to San Antonio
Road.
At San Antonio Rd, I turned LEFT instead of right, to see if the new
frontage road along Hwy 101 was open. It wasn't open, but was fully
functional. I rode past several "ROAD CLOSED" signs, and saved myself
several miles and a giant fixed-gear climb up out of Petaluma on D Street.
The road and path drop you into Novato at the Days Inn, where I got some
free ice to refill my bottle, and bought a Barq's root beer out of the
vending machine. I also chatted with the guy sweeping the parking lot about
fixed gear bikes and IGH hubs.
I was most worried about the route through Novato to San Rafael, since I'd
never done it before. Totally easy. All the bike routes are signed, and
there are only moderate rises to climb.
Almost to China Camp, I stopped at the Santa Venetia Market for some fruit
and a couple beers (Dempsey's, from Petaluma, and a can of Sierra Nevada
Torpedo IPA). About a mile later I met up with Manny's group coming out of
the 7-11, and we rode into camp together.

Sunday:
The Entmoot ride to Gestalt Haus in Fairfax included a serious steep
"shortcut." I had never been this way, and it was much more pleasant than
navigating the busy streets of downtown San Rafael with 9 or so riders.
Gestalt Haus was crowded with bikes and people; the beer and food was
great, and getting the bikes hung on the wall, and navigated through the
crowd of World Cup fans was challenging.
Afterwards, some folks peeled of to return home, and the rest decided to
ride back to camp via Nicasio and Lucas Valley Road.
Big climb up White Hill out of Fairfax, medium climb over Nicasio road, and
then a surprise climb and descent on Lucas Valley Road! "Hey, I thought
this was a VALLEY..."
I stopped at the Nicasio Cheese Factory for samples, water, head-washing,
and a salami. Also quarters for the camp showers!
I rode from Nicasio alone, frailin' away down the big hill, and got into
camp between Anne ("I am NOT waiting for people to make phone calls at the
top of this hill!") and Manny's group ("Let's faff about while Manny makes
phone calls.").
I shifted the fixed Quickbeam from 42x17 to 39x21 once or twice on this
ride.

Sunday:
Back home, reverse route from the way down. One hour from Northgate to
Olompali, 45 minutes to downtown Petaluma for a food break, and an hour and
15 minutes into downtown Santa Rosa.

Besides the riding, the camp stuff, people-meeting, and general air of a
family reunion where you get to pick your family was pretty great!
Philip