Hi everyone,

    It seems to me the original poster, grrlyrida, just needed a helpful,
"Remember, you will need to check and maybe tighten your shifters on a
(regular basis or every 50 miles or once a week or...and this is how you do
it yourself:..."   :)

    I think what may have been missed by Grant is that the original poster
hadn't been instructed that the shifters will need regular tightening when
the bike, or shifters, was/were purchased. Perhaps it would help to provide
a small booklet with a newly purchased Riv, "How to feed & care for your
new Rivendell bike!"   :)

I didn't know these shifters might not work so well for people over 220
lbs, or for larger frame sizes, until Grant said so in his post. I hadn't
read this anywhere before. I'm over 220 lbs, and I ordered my Hunqapillar
in person at Rivendell, and no one mentioned this possible problem for me.
Maybe no one at Riv knows this except Grant? I don't know. And no one told
me, "Please remember to tighten the shifters..."  And once I lose these
extra pounds, will I still need to be concerned on a loaded tour?

I think most people on this forum would qualify as enthusiasts or fan boys
or fan girls of Rivendell bikes, but not everyone knows the particular
needs & quirks of each component, nor is everyone here a bicycle mechanical
expert. Nor does everyone know what they don't know they don't know.  :)

Just $0.02 from a loyal Rivendell customer & happy Hunqapillar owner,

(Honest! I'm really, really happy!)

John Phillips