My wife and I got tungsten wedding bands so I researched the issue.  While
tungsten is very hard to cut, it's very easy to shatter!  If you go to the
ER with a stuck tungsten ring, they stick it (and your finger) in a clamp
and take a hammer to it.   Maybe it's possible to make a tungsten lock
where the shape doesn't really facilitate shattering (like a thin ring) but
I do know it would be HEAVY.  I joke that in a pinch, I could use my
wedding band as a self-defense projectile.