Fantastic response Bill--a model of clarity, thoroughness, and
thoughtfulness.  I have no stake in this debate; just thought your response
was a good one.  As for me, I really have no idea of the chainstay lengths
on my Terraferma, my Jones, my LHT, or Salsa Spearfish, nor own my now sold
Hunqapillar.  That does not mean they're not important numbers, but they
operate as part of an overall design not as elements in themselves.  In
reading your reply I am reminded of the generic, near meaningless language
repeated over and over again in mtn bike reviews, i.e. the newest issue of
Dirt Rag I just read last night, whereby the reviewers repeat the same key
phrases, sometimes in different order or whatever, to describe the ride of
various bikes.

Anyway.  Now I have stop procrastinating and finish grading! Have a good
weekend all.

Christian