@ Dave: You've likely heard me say this before, but I absolutely love my 62
cm Hunqapillar and I ride some pretty rugged stuff. My PBH is 90 barefoot.
Of course I also love my 66 cm Quickbeam, so I like them bigger than the
average. I intentionally got the QB so it matched the top tube and seat
tube dimensions of the Hunqapillar. So, obviously, my vote (since I have
zero say in the matter) is there is nothing wrong with going bigger. I've
never had an issue with not being able to get off the bike or with the
nutcracker experience on anything I ride.

@ Bryan: What's your plan for your bikepacking set up? This time of year in
the Rockies means needing to be prepared for winter conditions (10˚F,
windy, heavy snowfall, no matter what is predicted -- of course you may get
indian summer conditions just as easily, or in the same day) -- is it the
same for the Gunks?

With abandon,
Patrick