The thump is the hop and the hop is the thump.  If it's your tire that has
a hop in it, it will hop on any rim.  Another way to test it is mark the
hop in some way.  Mark the sidewall of the tire at the hop and put a piece
of tape on the rim at the hop.  Then remove the tire and re install it 90
degrees off.  Is there a hop?  Is it at the same mark on the tire?  Is it
at the same mark on the rim?  Neither.  Each result points to a different
cause.

I'm sure you'll figure it out.  I would not expect it to go away on its
own.