I have installed and tested a couple on clients' bikes, although not
Rivbikes.  I'll assume you already understand that does not make a
difference.

1. Does it hold the bag in place well?

Yes.

> 2. Does it rattle?

No.

> 3. Does the bag tilt/sway while riding?

No.

4. Was it a bear to install if you have sidepulls and need to attach to
> brake bolt?

Neither bike had sidepulls, but getting the brake bolt strut properly
cut/angled/installed properly is always a bear and takes the most amount of
time doing.

As for the other comments regarding not being good to support a bag
exclusively by the rack and not sharing the load by the stem or steerer via
a traditional decaleur, I think that it's a mostly hypothetical argument,
and may have practical merit for only very tall or large bags carrying a
lot of weight.  For a typical rando bag with 3-8 lb of stuff, it's a non
issue.  And heck, I am anti-decaleur when possible, and even my large-ish
Acorn Boxy rando bag is used sans-decaleur and has survived the very
roughest riding a non-mountain bike can take on. Berthoud bags pretty much
have to rely on a decaleur because they're not made with straps on the
bottom to hold them to the rack the way Acorn's bags are. However, the
Berthoud mini-86 is a small anti-decaleur bag that does not use a decaleur
but rather just a single toe clip strap to securely hold it to the rack.