I keep one foot on the ground, swing the other up and over the back. Works
fine even with my large SaddleSack. If I've loaded it with tent, sleeping
bag, and pad, then I just pop my foot over the top bar. I've done the pedal
mount you describe, Jay, but it's more than my vertigo addled brain can
handle. The good news for me is that living on the floor greatly and
naturally increases flexibility, so it's easy on and off.

With abandon,
Patrick