Just be careful. You can strip threads with a fancy tool too. Start all
threads with your hands. Don't over torque bolts. Invest in a can of good
anti-seize formula and a tube of locktite.

Marvel how gorgeous loose bearings are when they're clean. And how good
Paul bearing grease smells when it comes out of the tube or tub.

Lock nuts and washers are cheap. Buy a box of 'em and replace them every
time you remove one (okay this is a bit fastidious but I used to volunteer
with an Aircraft mechanic).

NEVER THROW OUT EXTRA SCREWS OR SPACERS.

cc

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have various Park tools, plus a "home mechanics" set from Performance. I
> don't agree that everything has to be pricey Park stuff for the occasional
> hobby wrencher. My tool collection mimics my bikes: Some are super
> nice/pricey, some not so much.
>
> On Friday, December 5, 2014 3:20:21 PM UTC-8, Deacon Patrick wrote:
>>
>> +1 on Park Tools and anything Rivendell offers. It is amazing the
>> difference in feel a quality tool has over a cheep one.
>>
>> With abandon,
>> Patrick
>>
>  --

"I want the kind of six pack you can't drink." -- Micah