On tools, some stuff is definitely bike specific - the thinness needed for
lockring/cup-cones/pedal wrenches for example.  But, some stuff does't
matter.  Craftsman gives an over-the-counter warranty (as do others) and
generally, like the best warranties, you don't have to use it.

Box/closed end wrenches for smaller brake and cable bolts (esp. for
canti's) have saved my hide numerous times.

The Eldi tools I've ended up with seem to get better with age...

I just accumulated over the years - photo session from a while back:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclofiend/sets/72157604076133078

- J / cyclofiend.com