Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

Someone awesome on our RBW list contacted me and offered a pair of MSR
snowshoes which I hope to put to good use.

These will be for a backpacking trip I'm taking in January. A friends are
putting together a 3 day backpacking trip where we'll be crossing 3 lakes,
passing through a small mountain range and building 2 igloos. They hope to
climb to the top of the mountain and then snowboard down.

I'll take a camera and hope to capture some good story-images and write an
adventure report. ... I'll think of something Riv oriented so I can post it
to this list. Any ideas?