Dear Hugh,
I bought a pair in March of 2014 for my Atlantis.  They replaced a set of Big
Apples 26x 2.1(?).  The Compass "seem" faster but I have no data to confirm
that.  The compass ride as nicely as the Big Apples.  I have about a 1000 miles
on them and have not gotten one flat. (I really hate writing that...fate and
all) I ride suburban/urban streets, paved bike paths, and some gravel trails.
They handled those surfaces fine, perhaps a bit more sure footed on the dirt
than the Big Apples.  I rode them today and was pleased not to see any sidewall
cracking yet. They do measure I believe closer to 1.60 than 1.75; someone else
will verify/revise that I am sure.  All in all nice tires that are well suited
for how and where I ride.  I will buy another pair when these wear out.  I did
buy the tubes that Compass recommends along with the tires.  Purchasing through
Compass was fast and painless.
Hope that helps,
Erl