Bobby, I figured since the QB  (and S1) come with a front range of 8 teeth,
as long as I run them small to big and big to small, I could go with as
much spread as I want in the back. So I went for the 16/19 Dos. Works
great! So you could, depending on your need, get a good trail gear by
replacing the 42 front ring with a 36 and should still be in the dropout
range (though you may need to re-adjust the chain length, I don't know).

With abandon,
Patrick