In case anyone is interested,

I tried to put an SP SV-8 dynamo hub in my cart this weekend on
rivbike.com and was unable to do so; the site said that the item was
out of stock.  I see there are a few other options on the Internet for
vendors, but Riv's price is competitive with them, and I like to order
from Riv as long as it's not way more expensive than other vendors, so
I decided I would call first and see when they would be getting them
back in stock.

So I rang them up and got Miesha on the phone, who on a side note has
a very nice voice.  She said the hubs were supposed to come in on Jan
1st but that they have not arrived yet, and that they are hoping to
get them very soon.

--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!