On 01/26/2015 05:59 PM, Bill Lindsay wrote:
I run SKS plastics on my Atlantis. There's a shortcut in my neighborhood that I frequently take. It's a path that is thickly "paved" with big woodchips. Like when they cut down a tree, it ends up on this path. Some of the chunks are pretty....um....chunky. Anyway, I was cutting across the path, and there was a loud "whack!" sound and then a rubbing sound. Sure enough it looks like a woodchip got in my spokes, whacked the SKS stay and the front fender QR'd itself and the woodchip dislodged. I just popped the fender back in and straightened the slightly bent stay and moved on.

It's nice that the QR feature works when a mean chunk of wood diabolically leaps into your spokes.

Yes, I did upgrade the Honjos on another bike with the Portland Design Works QR kit.

QR kit <https://www.ridepdw.com/goods/spare-parts/fmf-safety-tabs>

Do you have any photos of the bike with that kit installed? I'm having trouble imagining how it's to be used.