I own a Rivendell Mountain. Have owned it since about 1996 when I finally
got it from Rivendell. Originally, the Rivendell Mountain was supposed to
have its own set of proprietary lug set and fork crown. I am assuming the
low number of requests for it didn't justify the cost of making separate
lugs for this specific frameset. In Grants earlier writing he mentioned
some special fork crown that Marc Muller and/or Richard Schwinn had
designed that he was going to use on the Riv Mountain.

I don't know if I ordered my frameset before I knew this, or after. I do
know that I ordered it after the price increase. Finally got it after
several payments on Christmas Eve. I remember having some exchanges with
Grant regarding substituting some KGB (Breezer) dropouts for their standard
ones and possibly going with a Rollercam brake on it instead of cantis. He
was against the Breezer drop outs, but would allow for the Rollercam brake.
I stayed with cantis front and rear. Mine is 20" in silver one color. I
have it built up with Suntour XC-Pro and Wilderness Trail Bikes parts. I
have it built up as a full suspension with a Softride stem and a Thudbuster
Uni-Pivot seatpost. Using a Scott AT-3 multi position handlebar with
original WTB modified Magura grips and ODI Attack bar wrap. Best bar wrap
ever.

I have changed things out now and then, just to end up going back to the
original set up. Changed out the Suntour XC-Pro thumbies for XC-Pro
Wishbone shifters and swapped them back. Changed out the WTB SST saddle for
a Brooks B-17 for a short while just to change it back. Currently have it
Ritchey Cross Bite 1.4 tires on it. Looking to put some fat Schwalbe tire
on it of some kind.

I keep thinking of further Rivendeling it with the Phil Wood Hubs, skewers
and bb along with their Riv/IRD Silver shifters, but like the current build
too much and don't know where to move the other parts to. Other than the
tires, I plan on swapping out the Profile cage on the downtube for a Tallac
stainless steel duel bottle cage.

Also, this is my first post on this list since it left bikelist.org. Glad
to contribute again to this list.

Thanks,

Reginald Alexis
Fremont, Nebraska