Oh Drew, I should add that my experiences include 5 Riv frames I
installed/replaced BBs on, including a Saluki which had never been built up
before it was sold to me. In general I would say they were easier to work
on than other older bikes I've fiddled with, but there was still much
variation in effort, and it varied according to which cartridge bottom
bracket I was working with.