I have no experience riding with Thermos-y bottle,s but I have a lot of
experience riding with Thermos-y travel mugs, which seem like a relevant
addition to this thread.

My go-to "riding around with hot coffee" mug is the OXO Good Grips
LiquiSeal Travel Mug: Double-walled stainless steel, 14oz, silicone seals
to prevent spillage, and a sealed plastic top where the sipping hole
opens/closes by clicking a button. The mug fits perfectly into the
handlebar-mounted mug holder rings that are readily available (the cheaper
single-wall version of this mug was packaged by SOMA as the Morning Rush
Coffee Mug/Bike Holder before everyone and his brother started selling the
handlebar brackets; SOMA now limits themselves to just the mounting ring,
which will clip into the common Cateye mounting clip). $20 full retail.

If you're doing something long-range enough to require brewing your own
coffee, the Bodum line of 15oz French-press travel mugs also fit the common
cup holders. The idea is, the mug is its own French press, with a
filter/plunger. You brew in the mug, plunge the grounds to the bottom, then
drink the coffee on top. The top doesn't have the slick locking mechanism
that the OXO does, because the plunger takes up all the space. Both the
plastic and stainless models are double-walled for insulation, but really:
Why would you go on the road with plastic, when you could have steel? These
run $20-$30, depending on the model.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abodum%20travel%20press

The one key drawback I've found to the Bodum mugs is that the plunger shaft
really isn't long enough to do a full extraction of the grounds, unless
you've got a huge amount of grounds in it. The plastic top of the steel
plunger fits under a flip-tab when you open up the sipping hole, so the
shaft may have been shortened to accommodate that. I suppose that if I had
a plastic mug instead of stainless, it would be easier to see if I had
enough grounds to solve the problem. I've thought of having a machine shop
make me a threaded shaft 1-2cm longer, to see if I get better results; the
risk is poking out my eye.

For grinding, Hario makes a variety of smaller packable manual grinders.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hario+coffee+grinder&sprefix=hair+coffee+grinder%2Caps%2C215&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahario+coffee+grinder

Peter "I'm a mess if I don't get that coffee in my system" Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA