I just got my first smartphone, an Iphone 5s, a few months ago. Soooo much
better than a flip phone which I was using prior. The GPS has already saved
me on a ride and my wife can track my position if she gets worried, which
she does....and that is just for starters. It's awesome. The functionality
of a smartphone, especially the iphone, is top notch. Voicemail is easy to
get to, not requiring any pin, but that may be different on android phones.

Now with Rivs it's different....you can have all the modern functionality
you want with a riv if you choose....just build it up with modern
components. Or just go oldschool, or just go thrifty or mix and match.
Nothing weird on them. The beauty of a Riv is in it's versatility,
ride...and, of course, headtube badges.