^^^ THIS has been my hesitation/concern all along, too!^^

As others have pointed out though, there seems to be some sort of
disconnect between the geometry numbers that we know about, the clearances
cited, the height recommendations given, and extrapolation from all other
Rivendell models we know about.  In the end, I just decided to put down the
money, take a chance, assume it will work better than the numbers suggest,
and hope for the best.   I think that particular stand-over height number
HAS to be lower than cited.  Or some other aspect of the bike will make it
not matter.  If I'm wrong, then I can sell the frame easy enough.  They'll
be worth $850 soon enough ;-)

One reason that particular 34.75" number doesn't jive to me, is that
it's higher than any of my three even-larger (60cm) Rivendell road-ish
bikes.  Obviously,  basing it on the "fattest tires that fits" has
something to do with that fact, but that's what I (all of us?) do on the
other frames as well - so I'm still comparing apples to apples.  Like you
but even shorter, I have no clearance to spare on those frames.

Otherwise, there would seem to just be a big "hole" in the sizing, that you
and I ...and probably anyone between 6' and 6'-3"... would fall into.
Meanwhile, I know for certain that a 52 wouldn't fit me.  I have a 52cm
MB-1 which, even with a presumably much higher bottom bracket and steeper
seat tube angle than the Clem, is still WAY too small for me. (Despite the
fact that it was the "right" size for me in the early 90s and that I rode
it forever without knowing better.)  So the 52 would be even worse for you
or anyone taller than me.

If there indeed is a hole in sizing, I could understand why it happened.
Each of the three sizes was obviously based on the three wheel sizes, and
proportioned accordingly.   (By the way, they have moved the order of the
photos around on the website, so it's easier to toggle between the three
elevation/side shots, and compare how the proportions change.)  But the
biggest disconnect for me, and cause for hope that it will work better than
the numbers suggest, is the fact that this particular range of 6' -
6'-3" (of which I fall exactly in the middle) happens to be the *exact*
range of rider heights recommended!

It's going to be questionable for me, but I still can't help but think the
size has to be almost *perfect* for you.