I make my coffee at home and take it out into the field in a thermos --
actually, for cycling, I prefer tea *a la Inde*, which isn't the syrupy
goop you get here but cheap black tea made very strong with a lot of milk
and sugar. It is the most amazing energy drink.

But back to coffee: I like decent coffee, strong, and in large amounts --
breakfast for years has been 20+ oz of very strong coffee with lotsa milk
or half 'n' half and sugar. I also am cheap. I've tried the stovetop
so-called espresso makers, the press, Melita, and of course your garden
variety drip machine, but I like my kitchen utensils small enough to fit
easily into a cupboard.

Melita makes strong coffee in the #2 size, but all the #4s I've seen seem
to make it weaker. The press makes decently strong coffee, but the flavor
is less "clear". The stovetop maker is a pain to use.

I'm interested in the Aeropress, but wonder if it can make only 8 oz or so
at once. That would be a deal-killer, since I'd need to brew 3 batches for
breakfast.

Can anyone advise:

About quantity servings with the Aeropress;
The best method of getting a strong, clear, good-tasting brew with the most
economical measure of beans.
Any other coffee making/buying/storing/appreciating advice?

Thanks.