very well said, Richard.

> you've an admirable amount of graciousness about the situation, while i
have to stop myself from fuming.  i am in 100% agreement that there is more
to the story. the behavior makes so little sense and is repeated with every
transaction, yet the reasons given/excuses change and fluctuate depending
on the need. i've done a little bit of internet digging and rereading of my
correspondence with him and, for me at least, it points to at least some
amount of duplicitousness. someone shouldn't be able to post on twitter as
often as he does and not be able to send a refund via paypal or just be in
touch. confusing and disappointing indeed. i will probably have a harder
time letting this go. I'm a teacher, getting married in a month, putting a
bike together piece by piece when there is some cash/time leftover for that
sort of thing. 85$ isnt a ton, but it still sucks to have it taken from you
and then be ignored until you assume that you have been swindled.