Shimano 10 spd bar ends are no longer compatible with Shimano 10 spd Mtn
derailleurs.
You will want to find a 9spd rear derailleur. I think the 772 is actually a
9spd derailleur.

If your frame doesn't have adjusters I would recommend finding a R derail
that has an adjuster. Here is a pretty cool (modern) looking Alvio with a
similar look and adjuster and half the cost.

http://www.jensonusa.com/!8I2cRohzqwvl1raM5Oc08w!/Shimano-M4000-Alivio-9-SPEED-Derailleur?utm_source=FRGL&utm_medium=organic&gclid=CLCZpqal2sQCFbLm7Aodyh0AUw

<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jensonusa.com%2F%218I2cRohzqwvl1raM5Oc08w%21%2FShimano-M4000-Alivio-9-SPEED-Derailleur%3Futm_source%3DFRGL%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26gclid%3DCLCZpqal2sQCFbLm7Aodyh0AUw&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGeWGKFtLBA2V2eO6wfLz5Aiij2-w>