I've had success with a Canon Powershot S95.  It takes great pictures and
it is very durable.  It has been beat on pretty badly and it keeps on
going.  I remember that I did a great deal of research on point and shoot
cameras before buying the S95.  I found this site to do very thorough
reviews in the past (http://www.dpreview.com/).  Looks like Canon's up to
an S120 now.(
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Optical-Full-HD/dp/B00EFILNV8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428889659&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+s)

The challenge I found is mounting it on handlebars so it's easy to aim
and easy to remove.  I was wondering if anyone has found a successful
solution for that.  Anyone?

John