On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 10:25:56 AM UTC-4, DMG wrote:

> Weird, I have 32 Soma branded Panaracers on my Canti-Rom with Honjo
> fenders and they fit fine (not spacious, but definitely sufficient). If
> you're using the Velo-Orange struts, that could be more of an issue since
> the bolts protrude pretty far into the interior. I'm using Berthoud struts,
> which use much smaller bolts. Weird that no one has come up with a system
> that puts the bolt head on the inside and the nut on the outside, but I
> guess that would look a little ugly.

On my Ram, I converted my VO fenders to using a Berthoud strut;  I was
catching my toe on the eye-bolt/strut/cup-washer assembly on the back of
the front fender: by switching to the Berthoud strut, which is flattened
across the back, and uses two smaller bolts off to the sides from the
center, it's really improved the situation...  the times my toe does come
on contact, which is far less often now, it can slide down the fender
instead of catching.   (Canti-Rom is fenderless...  but, w/ 40's in there,
I'm not getting a fender in there, too...)