That's interesting. I have had the Nitto small front rack in the front for
years, mainly to hold my light. I was wondering how a bag on top of the
rack would contribute to wheel flop. On ascents, I definitely need to make
small corrections (due to the high trail, I imagine).

If I had a bag sitting on the front rack, not hanging on the bars, I gather
that the bag would have less effect on steering than a heavy bag on the
bars.