While the winter project stretched a bit into spring, the Riv Road 650b
conversion and new build is finally, almost complete.
Pictures here: https://flickr.com/photos/86975051@N08/sets/72157646658697853
Component specs:
Tektro R559 brakes
TRP brake levers
Kmc chain
Altus rear derailleur
11-32 shimano cassette
Shimano CSX-70 front derailleur
Shimano 8sp shift levers
Bb-un55 107mm
Crankset sugino wide low double
Nitto noodle 46cm
Nitto Technomic 280mm with 70mm reach
Wheelset: 650B, 130mm rear, 100mm front, polished Placenti PL 23 double walled
rims, 36 DT-12.0 OSL SS silver eyeleted spokes, silver Shimano FH-2200 silver
hubs
Pananracer col de la vie 650b tires
VO grand cru seat post
Brooks b17 saddle blue
Sks fenders
Bar wrap Cinelli cork-blue

A big thank you to Tom Allingham on a great transaction that brought me the
saddle, bars and pedals.  I also owe gratitude to Tony for the "loan" of the
tires.  Tony I think I am going to try the Hutchinson tires at Compass
(http://www.compasscycle.com/tires_hutch_650_32.html), so hopefully I will
return the panaracers in June.

The bike rides and handles so nicely.  It has become the bike I want to ride
before others, when I am not commuting.
Thanks to all who shared photos and information earlier in this thread (last
year).  I would not have undertaken this if not for the wealth of information
so freely shared here.
Many thanks,
Erl