Very nice bike, but surely you are joking with that stem? It looks as if
you are far above the minimum insert line.

If you are serious, and it works, then Kudos and enjoy it!

Patrick "il faut de tout pour faire un monde!" Moore, who just turned a
brief PO run into a very nice 20 mile rt on his '03 Curt in breezy,
springtime ABQ, NM.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 3:49 PM, WETH <erlhous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While the winter project stretched a bit into spring, the Riv Road 650b
> conversion and new build is finally, almost complete.
> Pictures here:
> https://flickr.com/photos/86975051@N08/sets/72157646658697853
> Component specs:
> Tektro R559 brakes
> TRP brake levers
> Kmc chain
> Altus rear derailleur
> 11-32 shimano cassette
> Shimano CSX-70 front derailleur
> Shimano 8sp shift levers
> Bb-un55 107mm
> Crankset sugino wide low double
> Nitto noodle 46cm
> Nitto Technomic 280mm with 70mm reach
> Wheelset: 650B, 130mm rear, 100mm front, polished Placenti PL 23 double
> walled rims, 36 DT-12.0 OSL SS silver eyeleted spokes, silver Shimano
> FH-2200 silver hubs
> Pananracer col de la vie 650b tires
> VO grand cru seat post
> Brooks b17 saddle blue
> Sks fenders
> Bar wrap Cinelli cork-blue
>
> A big thank you to Tom Allingham on a great transaction that brought me
> the saddle, bars and pedals.  I also owe gratitude to Tony for the "loan"
> of the tires.  Tony I think I am going to try the Hutchinson tires at
> Compass (http://www.compasscycle.com/tires_hutch_650_32.html), so
> hopefully I will return the panaracers in June.
>
> The bike rides and handles so nicely.  It has become the bike I want to
> ride before others, when I am not commuting.
> Thanks to all who shared photos and information earlier in this thread
> (last year).  I would not have undertaken this if not for the wealth of
> information so freely shared here.
> Many thanks,
> Erl
>

> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 at 9:02:28 PM UTC-4, WETH wrote:
> > The FedEx driver delivered my new-to-me Rivendell Road frame and fork on
> Saturday.  There is nothing quite like the anticipation of a "new" bike.  I
> had wanted something a bit different from my Atlantis and Surly LHT and
> decided this was it.  This will be my winter project, and I hope to have it
> on the road come spring.  Photos here:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/86975051@N08/sets/72157646658697853/
> > So I have a question for the collective wisdom of this group.  I have
> read Cyclofiend's page on the Rivendell Road Standard.  How do I tell
> whether mine is a Road, Road Standard, or some other custom?  I am at least
> the third owner.  If I understand Waterford serial numbers, mine the 42nd
> frame made in July of 1996 (G96042).  It doesn't matter to my riding
> enjoyment what model it is, but I am curious and take pride, like all of
> you, in my Rivendells.  So, how to learn more about the frame?
> > Also, does anyone have photos of their Rivendell Road (Standard) bike to
> share?  Looking for ideas and inspiration.
> > Thanks,
> > Erl

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante