Sorry, Deacon, that only works with Tricycles. I for-went the fd on my
erstwhile Ken Rogers, and it was really, really fun to be able to stop dead
on a hill, unclip on the right, backpedal with the left, and kick the chain
onto the granny with my right heel, clip in again on the right, and start
up again, to the admiration and praise of all beholders. Tho' I suppose the
heel-shift method will work if you are very good at track standing.

FWIW, the LX fd on my Fargo works fine with the 38/24 front combo -- I have
to trim a bit on the extreme inner cogs, but otherwise, no problem A Tall.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 4:16 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> For a radical approach that I find freeing and amazing ... I got rid of my
> FD, have a 38t middle narrow-wide ring (holds the chain on very solidly)
> and a 24t granny that I can stick shift to when needed (which hasn't been
> in the 6 weeks since I switched other than to test it).
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>

> On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:11:02 PM UTC-6, Richard Rios wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am finding that I am having to trim my front derailleur to often for my
>> liking on my Homer Hilsen due to the chain rubbing on the cage.  I have a
>> Shimano 105 up front, with standard riv sugino cranks / chainrings, and
>> 107bb I believe.  Wondering if any one else had this problem and if so did
>> a change in derailleur help. Friction shifting by the way.  Any suggestions
>> appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>
>  --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante