on 10/31/09 4:00 PM, R Gonet at richard.go...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Is Bruce Gordon's hijacking of this string to promote his own bikes an
> example of spam-posting or what?

No.

If you access this group via email, it would seem to be a simple thing to
delete a Subject line to start a new thread.

However, it does not start a new thread thread on the web interface, so what
may have been a good-intentioned act to start a new thread may not appear
that way to those accessing via the web.

I'm inclined to give Bruce the benefit of the doubt.  There have been a few
discussions of non-Riv models recently, which I think is not particularly
helpful to the specificity of this list.

Bruce's post was clearly labeled, and I find it to be the equivilent of
anyone posting a non-Riv product to the list.

Honestly, given his position in terms of active frame builders who were
doing it before a good many of us were born (or at least actively cycling),
I have a hard time coming down on him posting - my personal opinion is that
I would like to see him be financially successful as a framebuilder. He's
earned that in my book.

On the other hand, this list is about Rivendell products, and I think a
number of us are guilty of diverging from that, particularly in the last
month or two.

Happy Halloween!

- Jim / list admin

--