Depends what you consider 'better'. I'm 160 LBS and ride my Atlantis on
100+ mile rides and enjoy it. However, I agree it is way more bike than you
need for something like that. I want a NFE because I have a fair bit of
trouble staying with my riding buddies when I'm on the Atlantis. These are
people I can easily ride with when I'm on my CX or road bike. I love my
Atlantis, but it's more of a pontoon boat - built for cruising around and
enjoying the sites. I know a few guys with NFE's now and they all say the
bike hauls. Maybe it's the lower weight, more compliant tubing, who knows.
I think it would be a great bike for fast rides on mixed terrain where you
still want a somewhat upright position and the capability to carry a light
load.