I'll eventually need to get the other done as well. I can't even imagine
doing both at once, though. *shudder*

I hear that as long as I keep up with rehab and have patience, in about 6-8
months I'll wonder why I hadn't done it sooner. If you can get it done
before you lose independence (like I have), I'd say go ahead and get it
done now. Canada's socialized health system pretty much dictated that I had
to wait until I could barely walk/stand before I got the surgery. Hopefully
you won't get to that place.

If Orthovisc/Synvisc injections are helping, I'd say do those for as long
as you can, if money permits. They helped me for a long time, until nothing
else could be done.

Good luck, Clayton!