Courage! Cycling is the best for the knees, so long as you balance
strengths, and seek moderation. We know more now about how to keep our
imperfect bodies going than ever before, so be confident and enjoy the
fruit of a pinnacle of civilized life. Tailwinds!

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Cecily Walker <cecily.wal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh, Michael, I am TERRIFIED. The dreams I've been having as I get closer
> and closer to the surgery date have been ever so vivid.   People have asked
> me what I'm going to do after the surgery, and to be honest, everything
> after July 7 is a total blank. I can't even think that far ahead.
>
> One day at a time, or so I've heard. :)
>

> On Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:13:54 AM UTC-7, Michael Hechmer wrote:
>>
>> Cecily,  I'm not sure if this is good or bad news.  As a registered
>> card-carrying-coward I hate the idea of people making holes in my body and
>> usually cross my legs whenever the topic comes up.  On the other hand being
>> in a lot of pain sucks too and the hope for relief is a great motivator.
>> I'll keep you, your surgeon and your PT in my prayers.
>>
>> You are a blessing,
>> Michael
>>
>> On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 9:51:16 PM UTC-4, Cecily Walker wrote:
>>>
>>> Some of you have followed my various health complaints over the last
>>> year or so, and I'm thankful for your friendship and support. I wanted to
>>> let you know that I finally have a date for knee replacement surgery. I'll
>>> be going in on July 7, 2015. I'll be in the hospital for at least 3 days,
>>> and definitely off the bike for several months. Getting back on my bike is
>>> my biggest motivation, so if you ever hear me complain about how hard
>>> physiotherapy and rehab are, point me in the direction of my Betty Foy and
>>> tell me to stick with it.
>>>
>>> I hope you're all riding well and joyfully!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Cecily
>>>
>>  --

Bill Gibson