We used to install a lot of rivnuts mostly on aluminum frames like
Cannondale.They last a long time.If your bike is steel and properly
installed they should last a long time.
If you decide to remove them later & drill them out.You will have to figure
out how to get the rivnut out either by removing the bottom bracket of seat
post.You won't want to have the rivnut clanking around.