on 11/7/09 10:24 PM, cyclotourist at cyclotour...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm going to put a 22T small chaingring on my bike, and am wondering if it's
advisable to go with aluminum or stainless steel for a small chainring like
that.  Specifically I'm looking at the "Rocket Cycles" brand chaingring.
6061 aluminum.  Any experiences with that?

I don't use it all that much, but when ya' need one ya' need one!

I've run both and if you don't use it that much, I'd probably opt for the
least expensive.  In general small rings live a short, brutal life - more
use cycles, high torque.  Add into that the abrasive aspect of fine trail
dust and it's good not to get emotionally attached to any of them...

- J

--
Jim Edgar
cyclofi...@earthlink.net

³Velvet pillows, safari parks, sunglasses: people have become woolly mice.
They still have bodies that can walk for five days and four nights through a
desert of snow, without food, but they accept praise for having taken a
one-hour bicycle ride.²  - Tim Krabbe, "The Rider"

Cyclofiend Bicycle Photo Galleries - http://www.cyclofiend.com
Current Classics - Cross Bikes
Singlespeed - Working Bikes

Send In Your Photos! - Here's how: http://www.cyclofiend.com/guidelines