This from the Riv site regarding the AHH:
65-71cm: $2400. These sizes come with a second top tube (2tt).
The 2tt adds triangulation and the strength and anti-twisty stiffness that
comes with it, to frames that could use that, due to their longer head
tubes. Some people object to the unusual look, but there are hundreds of
thousands of examples of 2tt bikes in the world, and it is a feature that
came about to solve a problem. So if you're tall, embrace your gangliness
and get the 2tt bike. If you're tall and light and will ne'er ride with any
sort of weight on it, you can get a tall Homer with 1tt...but you don't
save money doing that, and the bike is worse. So....?

That said, I once mentioned my desire for double tt 56cm Hillborne while at
Riv and they said the second tt was not needed in the 56 size frame.  I
guess they tried it for a while with the 56 Sam and came to the conclusion
that it was superfluous.  I still dig the look.

John