This might be somewhat OT, but I thought I would ask the few of you who are
tandem captains what advice you would give to a new captain. It has been a
while...

A charity ride is coming up this Saturday, and it's at night, and since I'm
night-blind, a friend of mine has offered to captain the tandem. I fixed
one up, and we rode around a few times.
Here's what I know:

On starting:
-captain gets on first, feet on ground
-stoker gets on, puts feet on pedal
-captain starts

On stopping:
-captain puts feet down first?
-stoker puts feet down, and gets off
-captain gets off

On turning:
both lean, right?

Part of the problem is that my friend is shorter than I am by 2-4 inches,
which may influence her handling. We have no problem riding around, just
not so great on starting and stopping.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
-E.